Friday, September 30, 2011

Week 9 – Tasks/Assignments and Educational Implications


          
           As previously noted in journal 7, the extent of knowledge I have gained from thin internship doesn’t directly apply to my studies at WSU.  I have demonstrated my skills in Microsoft Excel and Publisher by making the spreadsheet and the brochure as my only technical skills.  I have gained more experience in the communications skills from going door-to-door to all the business trying to generate interest as well.  In the future there are suppose to be social networking seminars in which I will coordinate so then my public speaking skills will increase as well as other presentation skills.  I am looking forward to the seminars. 
            I have not been able to negotiate any of my tasks, but I also have not wanted to negotiate any of them either.  The only tasks I have done I was very interested in completing and enjoyed doing them.  I only wish I had more to do sometimes that would challenge me.  If there are any tasks in the future that I am given that I do not have the means to complete or feel as though it is not necessary I would have no problem negotiating the terms of the assignment.  I would hopefully come up with agreeable terms that would benefit both the company and myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment