Friday, September 30, 2011

Week 7: Preliminary Evaluation of Internship Experience



            My accomplishments at the WSBN have been forming the brochure, and compiling the contact sheet consisting of business name, contact name, phone number, and email.  Apart from these two things and the time it took to gather the information, I haven’t been challenged to accomplish anything else, which makes the evaluation difficult.
            Since the WSBN is an organization that is in the process of starting up, there isn’t a lot of structure at the current time, and because of this it is not a huge learning experience.  It is a good experience when it comes to a door-to-door sales theory, however that is not what I was expecting when I signed up for it.   In the work setting, I feel as though I am doing what is required but there is little room to go above and beyond because I am not sure what is needed.  I am eager to learn new skills, but I have not been given the opportunity to do so. 
            This internship has given me clarity on what I would want in the future.  What I have come up with is that I have little desire to start a business in the future because it is hard to do so, and I also do not wish to work in a position that requires door to door sales.  This internship had made me realized that I would much prefer some of the other directions I was considering, which would be public relations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment